Searching for Router Username and Password with CMD? This post is the right one for you. So, as we proceed follow our guide carefully and learn the easy way on how to find Router Username and Password with CMD. There is no CMD program that can assist you find your router's password and user name; however, you can connect to the device using telnet and examine the password on the device configuration unless it has been encrypted in the device's running configuration.
This is because it offers optimum security by ensuring that the password is not exposed in cleartext if the device is hacked to read the configuration. A Cisco router, for example, can employ either password level 7 password strings or the more secure MD5 hash method. There is a simple method that can be used to cryptographically see a password "level" 7 and decode it.
The MD5 hash employs strings that need you to know one of two prime numbers that are kept hidden, which is why it's dubbed a secret 5 password. To my understanding, it cannot be cracked without a significant amount of processing power.
These are just passwords for things like router authentication and the like; however, SHA256 is now the default because it is a more secure password algorithm that employs 256 bits.
Even if you go to the running-config, you may not be able to see the password because your modem has it secured or should have it if it doesn't. Unless it's a clear text, anyone with a Fierce PC could get on the gadget and read it.
There are a few tools you can use to retrieve your router's password without using cmd, but this is only viable for Linux users who have access to a lot of hacking and cracking software. In this case, you can simply use Hydra to crack the password if you know the router name and have a hunch about what it might be! Then build a possible crunch key for it; all you need now is your router's server IP.
How to find the IP address of your router
A router's default IP address and login credentials are included. It's worth noting, though, that these will vary based on the router's make and manufacturer. I'll show you how to find your router's IP address further down.
You may adjust how your network is presented, who can access it, and ensure your connection is secure once you've got access to your router's settings. You can also alter the default username and password so that no one else can change the access protocols back using this guide.
Examples of lately advanced routers and getting their IP addresses
The default settings on most Linksys routers are the same. On most Linksys routers, the admin panel can be accessed by typing "http://192.168.1.1" into your browser's address bar. Instead, type "http://myrouter.local" if you have a smart router.
If you haven't already changed the default username and password, log in with admin as both the username and password.
You may access your D-Link router by typing http://mydlinkrouter.local or http://192.168.0.1 into your browser, and if that doesn't work, try 192.168.1.1.
The default username is admin, and the password field should be left blank.
Because most D-Link routers aren't password-protected by default, you'll want to set one up as quickly as possible to keep hackers out of your network.
The default web setup for almost all Belkin routers is http://192.168.2.1, though http://router may also function. You will most likely not have to enter anything in the username and password fields when attempting to access the admin panel due to the method in which login credentials are set up.
The admin account on Belkin routers comes with no password by default. This implies you should leave the username field blank, albeit you might have to input "admin" instead.
If you have a Belkin router, you should definitely change the login and password. Someone with access to your network can easily make changes to the admin panel, opening security flaws or allowing malware and hacking software to be installed.
How to Hack router username & password
Easy Ways to hack router password.
- Using a default username and password
- By applying a brute force attack or wordlist attack
- Using Router exploit.
Check Also: 10 Best Hacking Apps For Windows 10
Using default credentials
When attacking someone's personal/home router, it's recommended to utilize this method because most people don't change their passwords and Wifi hacking is difficult, and the router can only be hacked if you're connected to the wireless network.
If a hacker hacked a wifi password, why would he or she also breach the router password? People don't change the default password because most people hack wifi to get free internet. Another reason is that some people are genuinely unable to reset their password.
If you are using window then open cmd and type ipconfig and write down IP address of default gateway.
In most cases, it will be 192.168.1.1.
What if you haven’t set the password yet?
- On the back of the router, look for the sticker containing the login and password.
- If you have the router manual that came with the purchase, spend a few minutes browsing through the pages to find it.
- Then try a few of the router manufacturers' most common login/password combinations. "admin" is the most commonly used username, and "password" is the most commonly used default password. If it doesn't work, try using "admin" for both the username and password.
- For the credentials, you can also use a combination of "admin" and "blank."
NOTE: Do not misunderstand the label mentioning SSID and the network key for your router login and password. They serve a different purpose. SSID is the name of the wireless network you connect with and the network key is its corresponding password.
How to reset your router manually:
When manually resetting a router, several router makers insist on keeping the router powered on. Not only will the manual reset restore your credentials, but it will also reset all of your settings to factory defaults.
The reset button is located on the router's back end.
- Press the button for 30 seconds with a paper clip or a pin.
- After the router has restarted, you can log in with the default credentials and create a new password.
TP-Link routers come with a reset button also.
- Holding them for 10 -15 seconds until the power LED blinks would reset the router to its factory setting.
- Make sure the router is turned on, then push the red button repeatedly for 10-15 seconds.
- After that, turn off the power for a few seconds and then turn it back on.
- You can log in to the router using the default credentials after it reboots.
- Power off the router initially
- Press and hold the “Reset” button and power the router
- Once the router is on, keep holding the Reset button until the router turns off. Reboot the router manually and the default credentials will work now.
How to set a new password:
- If the previous step worked, you can now log in using the default credentials
- Click Advanced and navigate to the administrative section
- Go to Set Password and enter the new password next to “Set Password” and Apply
- Once you log in, Click System Tools on the left corner
- On clicking password, you can see the highlighted box to change the password
- Enter the login credentials
- Click on Connectivity on the Home page. Next, click on the Edit link present on the right of the router password
- Type and save the password
- Once you enter the login credentials
- Click on Administration in the advanced settings.
- Navigate to the System tab, enter the new password and save the settings
That is how to change your router’s name and password
Consider checking the below as well.
How To Hack Router Username & Password Using CMD
Wifi hacking entails obtaining free internet access. The majority of people are dissatisfied with this and want more.
By gaining access to the router's login and password, you can get control of the internet. Stop overusing wifi, restrict specific devices, and so forth.
In this article, I'll as well show you how to hack a wifi router using cmd, popularly known as the command prompt.
Although windows aren’t made for hacking, Linux is the best if you want to become ethical hacker.
However, some simple things such as finding router password is possible by CMD.
Here are your steps.
1. To open cmd, press windows key + r, then type cmd and hit enter. As you can see in the screenshot, it will run cmd. Make sure you have the router password and that you are connected to the network by cable or wifi.
2. ipconfig is the command to use. It will display a large amount of information. You don't have to comprehend all of the information. Make sure you're reading under the wifi area if your machine is connected to numerous networks via cable.
3. Now open the browser, type the default gateway IP address in the address bar and press enter.
4. It will ask you for a username & password.
5. Most of the time, people don’t change the default username password.
Things You Can Do After Hacking Router Password
After receiving the router password, users like to do the following actions.
- Discounting other devices for fast speed
- Blocking specific device of their friends for fun
- Changing Wifi Password and Router password for fun
In case default login details didn’t worked then you can apply word list attack method to hack router password.
If you are visiting Entitled Knowledge for the first time please kindly check this related articles that might interest you.
- The Best ZIP File Password Unlocker/Remover/Cracker
- 6 Laptop Theft Recovering Software With GPS Location Tracking And SpyCam
- How to Unlock/Decrypt/Bypass WinRAR/RAR Password [3 Easy Ways]
- How To Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset
- How To Get Free Bug Host/SNI For Free Unlimited Internet Access On Any Network
- Top 10 best programming languages
- How to Unlock and Watch DStv Premium Channels for Free Without Subscription
- How to Get Free Internet on Android Without Data Plan or Wifi
- Top Best Free Antivirus
- Best UK/Germany/Canada/Australia/Russian Address Generator
- How to Get Connected To The Internet On PS4 With WIFI
- Free Hosting For Wordpress
Hope this article was beneficial to you? If that is the case, share this post to your friends and family members so as to keep them updated as well and also, for you to keep your self updated click on the button below to join us on Telegram and get more tutorials.