Are you looking for a Free Hosting Services For Wordpress in ? A free WordPress hosting service could be just what you need if you want to start your own self-hosted WordPress website but aren't quite ready (or able) to dip your toes into the premium web hosting seas.
These free providers won't match the performance and flexibility of a premium WordPress host like SiteGround (affiliate link), but they will get you started with WordPress. This article will go down the best solutions or alternatives, highlighting what they do well and where they fall short. You'll know which free website hosting solution is perfect for you and your needs after reading this article.
The Best Free WordPress Hosting Services For 2022
- AccuWeb Hosting
WPNode, a "free" hosting company with some wonderful features like unlimited data transfer, a free worldwide CDN from Cloudflare, and a built-in caching plugin to speed up your site (so Google loves you), isn't featured in this roundup because we couldn't figure out if it was truly free. By clicking their "Host My Website" button, you'll be directed to a third-party provider with WordPress hosting options starting at $2.50 per month, which is $2.50 more than "free," according to our calculations.
Check Out Related Articles:
- 10 Best Hacking Apps For Windows 10 In 2022
- How to Hack WiFi Password Using WPA/WPA2 Attack
- Top 10 best programming languages in 2022
- Ethical Hacking Masterclass : From Zero to Binary Deep 2022!
- [100% OFF] Network Ethical Hacking for beginners (Kali - Hands-on)
WordPress.com is a for-profit version of the open-source WordPress software that you may access at WordPress.org. It's sometimes confused with the open-source WordPress software.
WordPress.com makes it easy to start a WordPress site by allowing you to create one by just enrolling for a WordPress.com account. It also doesn't provide you access to the entire WordPress program, so you're restricted in what you can accomplish.
WordPress.com's Standout Features
- Easy, user-friendly setup process
- Custom WordPress.com dashboard
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 3 GB of storage space
- Choose from hundreds of free WordPress themes, which makes it easy to create a custom web design
- Free SSL certificate
Pros of WordPress.com
- The easiest setup process of any free host on this list. All you do is register for an account — no WordPress installation required.
- High-powered infrastructure means your website will load quickly and reliably.
- You get access to a custom WordPress dashboard for managing your website.
Cons of WordPress.com
- You cannot install your own plugins or themes on the free plan.
- You’re only allowed to use a WordPress.com subdomain — you need to pay to use your own custom domain name.
- No direct server access — you cannot connect via FTP or manage your database.
Who Should Use WordPress.com?
WordPress.com is an excellent choice for non-technical users who do not require the ability to install their own themes or plugins.
For instance, freelancers who simply need a place to publish their writing portfolios so they can attract writing clients would likely appreciate WordPress.com’s simplicity (though they’d probably be better off using Medium to house their writing samples).
However, it’s not a good alternative for technical users because you don’t get server access and it’s a stripped-down version of WordPress that doesn’t give you much flexibility.
Final Word on WordPress.com
If you don't require the complete WordPress experience, WordPress.com is an excellent free choice. You give up the freedom to install your own extensions and access your server in exchange for a simple experience supported by world-class infrastructure.
If you're okay with that trade-off, go with WordPress.com's free hosting package.
Hostinger, a renowned budget provider, offers a free WordPress hosting platform called 000webhost.
While 000webhost is mostly a marketing technique to get you to sign up for Hostinger's premium hosting packages, it still provides a decent basis for running a working WordPress site – as long as you don't have a lot of traffic.
000webhost's Standout Features
- Lets you host up to two websites for free
- Custom-built hosting dashboard to manage your sites
- 1-click WordPress installer tool via Softaculous
- Full database and FTP access
- 1 GB of storage
- 10 3 GB of bandwidth
- No ads
- Free website builder
Pros of 000webhost
- You can use your own custom domain name (or a free 000webhost subdomain).
- The custom hosting dashboard makes it easy to perform key actions, like installing WordPress.
- You get full access to the underlying server and database.
- You can host two websites for free.
Cons of 000webhost
- Your website will be suspended if you exceed the free plan limits (you only get one warning and then your site is gone for good — no recovering your data).
- The hosting dashboard is filled with prompts to upgrade to Hostinger, the paid service.
- No support for email hosting.
Who Should Use 000webhost?
Users who seek a free full-service hosting experience should check out 000webhost.
You'll still be able to use a custom domain name, install your own programs, and access your server and database... You will not be required to pay for it.
Final Word on 000webhost
000webhost is appealing since it provides fully functional hosting for free.
The storage and bandwidth constraints are the only things to keep in mind. While they're OK for a low-traffic site, they'll quickly reach their limits for a high-traffic site, and 000webhost is strict about shutting down sites that go over their limits.
3. AccuWeb Hosting
AccuWeb is a web host situated in the United States that offers both free and paid hosting services. AccuWeb is one of the older web hosts, having been operational since 2003.
When it comes to storage, bandwidth, and email constraints, AccuWeb boasts one of the most liberal free WordPress hosting plans. You'll also get cPanel, the most recent versions of PHP, and a guarantee that there will never be any advertising.
AccuWeb Hosting's Standout Features
- cPanel hosting dashboard
- 2 GB SSD storage
- 30 GB bandwidth
- Full server access, including database access
- 1-click WordPress installer
- Email accounts
- Supports custom domain names
- Basic backup support
- No ads
Pros of AccuWeb Hosting
- Has a generous bandwidth limit — you can have up to ~5,000 monthly visitors.
- Lets you have up to 25 free email accounts, which most free site hosts don’t allow.
- You get full cPanel and database access.
- You can use your own domain name.
Cons of AccuWeb Hosting
- Only lets you host one website per account. AccuWeb enforces this by requiring you to submit a government-issued ID when you register.
- The only server location is in Montreal, Canada.
- No free subdomain — you must purchase and use your own domain name.
Who Should Use AccuWeb Hosting?
AccuWeb is a wonderful choice for those that need to host a single high-traffic WordPress site while still having access to the entire WordPress platform's versatility. While it can't handle extremely heavy traffic, it does provide one of the more generous plans among full-featured free WordPress hosting.
Just keep in mind that AccuWeb has a strict one-website policy, so you'll need to show your government-issued ID to get your free hosting.
Final Word on AccuWeb Hosting
AccuWeb doesn't have any noteworthy features; it's simply a great free option. The restrictions provide you enough room to build a viable WordPress site while yet allowing you to use cutting-edge technology like as cPanel and PHP 7+.
Byet has been in business for more than ten years and is a subsidiary of iFastNet (which also runs another free web hosting plan on this list).
When it comes to storage and bandwidth constraints, Byet has some of the most generous free hosting plans available.
Byet Host's Standout Features
- Unlimited disc space (but 10 MB max file size for individual files)
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free subdomain or use your own custom domain
- 1-click WordPress auto-installer
- VistaPanel hosting dashboard
- Email hosting (up to 5 email addresses)
- Full server access via FTP
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- No ads
Pros of Byet Host
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth is quite generous.
- You can use a free subdomain or your own custom domain name.
- You can create your own email address.
- Unlimited MySQL databases means you can technically host unlimited sites.
Cons of Byet Host
- While you get unlimited storage, individual files cannot exceed 10 MB.
- The VistaPanel hosting dashboard looks quite dated.
Who Should Use Byet Host?
Byet is a great option for users who need full server access for lots of WordPress sites and/or high-traffic WordPress sites.
Byet is one of the few free WordPress hosts to let you create unlimited websites and it also offers unlimited bandwidth, which makes it a good choice for high-traffic sites.
Final Word on Byet Host
Byet makes extensive use of the phrase "unlimited" in its plans, making it one of the most generous free WordPress servers available.
Just keep in mind that individual file sizes are limited to 10 MB, which could pose problems if you need to host large files.
AwardSpace is a German inexpensive web host that has been in business since 2003.
You'll get a free WordPress hosting plan with AwardSpace that's good for up to 5,000 monthly visits, as well as an easy upgrade route as your site grows, with premium hosting options starting at just $0.19 (USD) per month.
AwardSpace's Standout Features
- Host up to 4 websites
- 1-click WordPress installer
- Use your own domain or choose from a free dx.am domain or up to 3 free subdomains
- Custom hosting control panel
- Web-based file manager
- Full MySQL database support
- Email hosting
- 1 GB storage
- 5 GB bandwidth
- No ads
- Also offers free Joomla hosting
Pros of AwardSpace
- Lets you host up to four websites.
- You can have your own email account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You get full access to the server files and database.
Cons of AwardSpace
- Low bandwidth in comparison to other hosts’ free plans — you only get 5 GB.
- While you can have four websites, only one of them can be a top-level domain. The other three websites must be subdomains.
Who Should Use AwardSpace?
AwardSpace is a wonderful choice for people who need full server access and many low-traffic sites. Although the bandwidth and storage constraints will limit the number of visitors you can have, you will be allowed to have four websites (though three must be on subdomains).
Final Word on AwardSpace
AwardSpace doesn't offer a lot of bandwidth, but it does allow you to host up to four websites, as well as email hosting and full server access.
It can be a good free alternative if you can operate within the storage and bandwidth constraints.