By compressing large files, users can store them in smaller files in a variety of ways. A lot of individuals utilize zip and rar files. Rar files are commonly used to store huge files and to transfer multiple files online.
And adding or placing a password on the RAR file is the greatest option to keep some of these files. Nonetheless, there is a chance that someone will make a mistake tomorrow and forget their password for whatever reason.
What should one do if something like this occurs? What should I do if I can't remember my RAR password? Well, in this article, we'll show you the most effective methods for unlocking/bypassing your locked RAR file or unlocking the WinRAR password.
How to Easily Unlock WinRAR Password
Before we proceed, lets get to know what a RAR File is.
What is a RAR File?
RAR is a proprietary archive file format that allows for file spanning, data compression, and error recovery. It was designed in 1993 by Eugene Roshal, a Russian software engineer, and is licensed by win.rar GmbH.
Many people mistakenly believe Rar files are the same as Zip files. But don't worry about it today because we've listed some of their differences below;
- Phil Katz invented the ZIP archive file format as a standard for lossless data compression. Meanwhile, RAR is a proprietary archive file format for lossless data compression created by Eugene Roshal.
- The compression rate of ZIP is lower than that of RAR.
- ZIP is a free and open standard with a wide range of implementations that may be used with any compression tool or software. Meanwhile, RAR is not free, and compressing and decompressing data needs the use of a third-party utility called WinRAR archiver.
- ZIP may be produced or compressed with a variety of programs, including WinRAR, WinZIP, Freebyte Zip, and many others, but RAR exclusively supports WinRAR.
These are some of the distinctions between ZIP and RAR that you should be aware of. Let's start by learning how to lock a RAR file before moving on to how to unlock it if you forget the password.
How to Lock a RAR File With Password
To lock a RAR file with password, you can follow the steps below. They are;
1. If you haven't already done so, download and install the WinRAR software tool.
2. Once it's installed, launch it and navigate to the files you want to compress before selecting them. After you've selected them, go to the top left of the WinRAR software and click the add button.
3. A pop-up box will appear, prompting you to choose an appropriate Archive name and then select Set Password to create a password for your RAR file.
4. Then you'll type in the password you want, confirm it with a second re-entry, and then click save or ok. Then navigate to the page where you saved it to view the encrypted file.
You'll notice that the selected files have been compressed and encrypted as a result of this.
How to Unlock RAR File Password Easily.
A password for a RAR file can be decrypted in a number of ways. Take a look at the methods listed below.
How to Unlock RAR Password with CMD
This method can be used, however it requires the creation of a batch file. This strategy can be used if you are a technical specialist.
The first step is to copy the command line below and paste it into Notepad, then save it as a.bat file.
title WinRar Password Retriever
copy "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Unrar.exe"
SET/P "NAME=File Name : "
IF "%NAME%"=="" goto ProblemDetected
echo You can't leave this blank.
SET/P "PATH=Enter Full Path (eg: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop) : "
IF "%PATH%"=="" goto PERROR
echo You can't leave this blank.
IF EXIST "%PATH%\%NAME%" GOTO SP
echo File couldn't be found. Make sure you include the (.RAR) extension at the end of the file's name.
echo Breaking Password...
SET /A PASS=%PASS%+1
UNRAR E -INUL -P%PASS% "%PATH%\%NAME%" "%TMP%"
IF /I %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 GOTO FINISH
RD %TMP% /Q /S
title 1 Password Found
echo File = %NAME%
echo Stable Password= %PASS%
echo Press any key to exit.
After you've saved the file, navigate to the folder where it was saved and open it.
The command folder will then open, and you will need to write the rar file name first, then press enter, and then enter the file location or directory as shown in the sample. After that, press the enter key.
Finally, you must wait for a short period of time before a recovery password appears, which you must fill out and use to unlock your RAR file.
This strategy will only work if your password is made up of numbers. If you only have letters and symbols, you'll have to use one of the other methods listed below.
How to Unlock RAR Password Online
Unzip-online.com, lostmypass.com/file-types/rar/, password-online.com/RAR Password Recovery Online.php, and remove-password.com/ are some of the internet platforms where users unlock RAR passwords.
You can quickly unlock any of your RAR files using these platforms. However, we will be using the Remove-password.com official website.
Launch your browser and go to Remove-password.com
There, you'll have to upload the file you wish to decrypt, then fill out whatever information you recall about the file on the next screen, but if you don't, just click "Next Step."
They will next ask for your email address, which you will enter and then confirm in the email they will send. The final step is to wait for the site to unlock the file password, which can take a long time depending on the length, difficulty, and intricacies of the password.
After this is completed, you may easily access your file and obtain all of the information you require.
How to Unlock RAR Password With Known Password
What else can we say other the fact that you can open your rar file with any knowledge you have? If you have any knowledge about a password in mind, you should attempt it because it might work for you and be decisive. Follow the steps outlined below;
Use the RAR decompression program to open the file (the password-protected RAR file).
You may now pick "Extract to" just above the locked file and choose the location to extract the files by clicking(once) on it.
After that, you'll be asked for a password, which you can input and then utilize the files without having to decrypt them again in the future.
Conclusion on How to Unlock/Decrypt/Bypass WinRAR/RAR Password
You can see that there are various ways to unlock an unlocked RAR file using these approaches. We haven't included all of the techniques for unlocking your rRAR file yet.
Hope this article was helpful to you? So all we ask for is to share this post to your friends and family members so as to keep them updated as well and also join us on Telegram so as to get new updates.
- How To Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset
- 10 Best Hacking Apps For Windows 10
- How to Unlock and Watch DStv Premium Channels for Free Without Subscription
- How to Bypass Apple ID Verification
- How to Install AltStore on iPhone and Sideload iOS IPA Files
- How do we unlock iPhones if passcode is forgotten or disabled
- How To Hack Cable Modem For Free Internet At Home Or Work
- IPTV Smarters Pro: How to Setup Xtream Codes For Premium IPTV Channels
- HTTP Custom config files for free internet