"I recently purchased a notebook with genuine Windows 10 already installed." Unfortunately, it only has a SATA 1TB HDD and is occasionally slow. So I'd like to upgrade to an SSD drive. But what about my genuine windows? Will I be able to transfer this genuine Windows 10 installation from my old HDD to a new SSD? In addition, when I purchased my laptop, I was not given a Windows installation disk... Please assist me..."
You can easily migrate Windows 10 from HDD to new SSD if you use the new SSD on the same computer and it boots successfully with the appropriate priority. It will also work if you do not have an installation disc. Learn more about the simplest way to migrate Windows 10 to a new hard drive by reading on!
Read Also: 4 Ways To Bypass Windows 10 Password When Locked Out
What is the easiest way to move Windows 10 to another drive?
In fact, the most common method is to clean install a Windows system using an installation disc, but this will uninstall preinstalled programs and delete personal files. As a result, in order to avoid data loss, many users abandon this method in favor of a safer one.
Given the importance of data security, I strongly advise you to clone your Windows 10 hard drive to a new one using free disk clone software. If you want to clone a hard drive to an SSD using the same computer, AOMEI Backupper Standard is a good option. It will make an exact copy of your original drive, ensuring that no data is lost. You can also take advantage of the following benefits:
Clone any type of HDD or SSD: This software allows you to clone any brand of hard drive, whether HDD or SSD, and it supports hard drives with various interfaces, such as SATA, NVMe, PCIe, and so on. If you require higher performance, it is recommended that you use NVMe as a boot drive.
Clone a hard drive's only used sectors: By default, this software employs an intelligent clone method to clone a hard drive's only used sectors. At the same time, it will bypass bad and empty sectors. As a result, you can easily clone a larger drive to a smaller drive and ensure a secure boot, even if it contains bad sectors.
Clone HDD to SSD and align it: If you clone Windows hard drive to new SSD, you need to align it to improve the disk performance, otherwise you may find SSD low after cloning.
Consider watching this Video on How to Upgrade Laptop Hard Drive To SSD Without Reinstalling Windows (Keep All Files & Apps)
How to move Windows 10 to new hard drive easily
Disk cloning software does not come along with Windows, so you need to download it and install on your computer. And connect the new drive (HDD or SSD) to your computer. Please be sure it’s displayed in Windows Explorer.
Read Also: 10 Best Hacking Apps For Windows 10
- Launch the disk cloning software AOMEI Backupper Standard and navigate to Clone -> Disk Clone.
- As the source disk, select the hard drive that is currently in use by Windows 10. Then click Next.
- As the destination disk, select the new hard drive you connected. When you click Next, you'll be informed that all data on the destination disk will be deleted. Please make a backup of any important files ahead of time.
- Tick SSD Alignment to accelerate the reading and writing speed of the SSD disk if the new hard drive is SSD. And then, click Start Clone to move Windows 10 to new drive.
- Restart your computer to allow the new drive to boot. If not, go to BIOS and set it as the first boot option, then save and reboot.
- Don’t format the old HDD until you can successfully boot from the new drive.
- You can also choose to transfer OS to new drive if the new hard drive is smaller. Note that this feature is available on the professional version of AOMEI Backupper.
- Except for cloning, it is able to move Windows 10 to new hard drive with its backup and restore method, especially useful for moving hard drive to new computer with dissimilar hardware.
- How To Solve Windows Cannot Be Installed On This Disk Error
- Top 10 Best Internet Accelerators Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
- How To Recover Deleted Data In A Few Clicks With iBoysoft Data Recovery For Windows
- Best Professional IOS Repair Tool | TunesKit iOS System Recovery
- Top Best Free Antivirus
Conclusion on How to Move Windows 10 to New Hard Drive
This article will show you how to move Windows 10 to a new hard drive by cloning one hard drive to another using the disk clone feature, which keeps all the data on the disk, including not only the operating system but also programs and personal data. As a result, you won't have to worry about data loss after cloning.
Post a Comment