Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world with close to 3 billion monthly active users. If you’re looking to make a website like Facebook, you don’t have to code using HTML/CSS. Instead, you can use a CMS (content management system) like WordPress (.org) to save time and money.
WordPress is used by over 40% of all websites on the internet, and it’s the gold standard for website creation. This quick and easy guide teaches you how to make a website like Facebook without HTML or CSS using WordPress. Just so that you know you’re in good hands—I’m the founder of this website (that’s also built on WordPress). In addition, I have multiple years of experience in SEO, blogging, and website creation.
Table of Contents
How To Make A Website Like Facebook
1. Get web hosting
- To get your Facebook-like site up and running, you need to get web hosting.
- SiteGround hosting is highly recommended because it’s fast, secure, and reliable.
- Click here to save up to 80% on SiteGround hosting.
- Choose between 3 plans—StartUp, GrowBig (recommended), or GoGeek.
Read Also: How To Fix: Facebook Not Loading
2. Choose a domain name for your Facebook-like site
- Try choosing a domain name that’s branded, broad, and ends with .com.
- Other extensions like .org, .net, or .io, are fine too, but they are not the most common.
- A simple way to come up with a good domain name is to combine “your niche” + “a related word” together.
- For example, if you’re creating a Facebook-like site, you can name it “overlysocial.com”.
- Review the order and pay using a debit/credit card.
3. Install WordPress
- Select “Set Up Website” to start the installation process.
- Select “Start New Website” and select “WordPress”.
- Choose if you want to add extra services.
- Select “Finish” and wait for WordPress to install.
Tip: If you need help with the installation process, you can contact SiteGround’s 24/7 support for help.
4. Choose a theme
- Once WordPress is finished installing, you need to choose a theme (the design of your site).
- For a Facebook-like site, I recommend buying a premium theme like Gecko by Peepso or GeneratePress.
- Click here to get GeneratePress (one of the fastest themes) for the best price.
- After you’ve bought a theme, install it, and navigate to your WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Upload Theme.
- To customize your theme, go to your WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
Tip #1: If you need help with customizing your theme, you can contact your theme’s support.
Tip #2: You can create a logo for free using Namecheap’s logo maker (it’s the best logo maker that I’ve used).
Read Also: How To Unblock Facebook Account Without ID Proof
5. Install social plugins
Recommended plugins to install:
- Choose an online community plugin—BuddyBoss (this is also a theme), BuddyPress, or Peepso.
- Click here to get Peepso for up to 20% off.
- Google Site Kit – Easily connect your site to Google Analytics to see real-time visitors and stats.
- Yoast SEO – An all-in-one SEO plugin for WordPress that you can use to add an XML sitemap (a site directory).
- Jetpack – A security, speed, and stats plugin.
Tip #1: To install plugins, go to your WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add new.
Tip #2: Do your own research—there are multiple plugins and themes that can make your site look like Facebook.
6. Start managing your community
Note: The screenshot above is the Peepso plugin (with the Gecko theme).
Here are some tips to manage your Facebook-like site:
- Create a community around discussions—ask questions, provide inspiration, and share your experiences.
- Establish rules and don’t be afraid to ban people who break them.
- Keep your Facebook-like site minimal, easy to use, and with distinct colors.
- Have a strategy to get new members—launch your community on ProductHunt, and promote it on Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, or other social media platforms.
- As the owner of your community, you need to make sure to be online as much as possible and contribute to discussions to keep members engaged.
7. Monetize your Facebook-like site
- Once your site gains some traffic, you can start monetizing it.
- The easiest way to monetize your Facebook-like website is to serve ads on it (you can earn $5 to $20 per 1,000 visitors).
- I recommend applying for Google AdSense or Ezoic.
- Click here to start using Ezoic to serve ads on your website.
Tip #1: Ezoic earns about 5x more than Google AdSense because of its technology.
Tip #2: After you’ve reached 50k or 100k monthly visitors, you can apply for Mediavine or Adthrive (both are premium ad networks).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to build a website like Facebook?
The average cost for developing a social media website like Facebook ranges from $50,000 to $80,000.
How much do I pay someone to build me a website?
The average cost for website development is between $100 and $500. It can even go up to $30,000 or more if you want some sophisticated features. You'll also need a budget for a domain name and web hosting.
Does creating a Facebook page make money?
Yes, you can make money on Facebook. The platform has released a number of new features that allow creators, influencers, and brands with Facebook pages to monetize their accounts and content.
Conclusion on How to Make a Website Like Facebook
Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world with close to 3 billion monthly active users. However, follow the guides above you want to Make a Website like Facebook. It's true that it is not that easy but ones you are determine you will do it. Nevertheless, do share this post article to your love ones and join our Telegram Channel for more other updates.
Post a Comment