Have you ever wondered if you could use your smartphone to remotely access documents or files from your PC or Mac? Without a doubt! In today's tutorial, I'll show you how to use the Remote Desktop Connection feature to accomplish this.
Table of Contents
How To Remotely Connect To PC And Mac
Before we begin, I'd like to point out that the Remote Desktop Connection feature employs the Remote Desktop Protocol, abbreviated RDP, to allow users to control or manage the host machine remotely via the Internet or your local network. Now that you're aware of this, let's move on to the tutorial.
- For this to work, the user must be running the latest version of Google Chrome on your host machine. Click here to update your Chrome if it isn't up to date.
- The Chrome Remote Desktop application must be installed on your smartphone.
- Both the remote device and the host are to have Internet access (connected to the Internet)
Read Also: How To Fix iOS System (No Data Loss) – Joyoshare UltFix
I'll walk you through two methods for remotely accessing your computer system.
Chrome Extension Method
- First, you need to have the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your device be it Android or iOS. However, if you don't have it, search on your respective app stores and download it. Android users should click here for it.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC or Mac
- Download and install Chrome Remote Desktop extension.
- Now type chrome://apps in the address bar and press the enter key
- Click on the Chrome Remote Desktop icon to open it
- Next click on Get started from the My Computers section
- Note that the extension will automatically download a file, and install it
- When you are done with the installation, return back to the extension and click on Enable Remote Connections
- Now setup a new PIN for your connection and then click OK. Besides, you can download a third-party software like ApowerMirror to control your PC or Mac o n your mobile phone and cast a live screen easily.
- From your smartphone, open the app and then tap on the PC name.
- Authenticate the connection using the PIN that you used on your PC or Mac from number 9 of the tutorial.
Read Also: How To Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset
Remote Desktop Website Method
- Open Google Chrome and then visit remotedesktop.google.com
- Click on the Remote Access option
- Click on the Turn On button to start the process
- Now choose a new name for your computer or simply use the existing one if there's any.
- Click on Next and set up a new PIN for the connection
- Click on the Start button
- Download and install Chrome Remote Desktop app from your respective app stores and download.
- Now open the app and tap on Computer name
- Enter the PIN to establish the connection.
For a better understanding, do check out the video guide below.
Post a Comment