PayPal is an online money transfer service that allows you to send and receive funds. You can use a phone, computer, or tablet to manage your account online. The service's headquarters are in the United States, in San Jose. One of the most popular mobile money networks enables for peer-to-peer money transfers between personal and business accounts. Is it, however, possible to send money overseas using PayPal? This article will tell you if you can use PayPal to send money across borders.
Being a large company, PayPal faces stiff competition from other money transfer services such as Payoneer, Venmo, Cash App, and Google Play, among others. All these services use money transfer technology similar to PayPal, and that is why they pose a significant threat to the money transfer giant. However, despite the competition, PayPal remains the most suitable platform for many users. Probably, that is because of the excellent reputation it has gained over the years.
The way people send money to others has changed thanks to digital money transfer platforms. Nowadays, you can transfer money to individuals in need instantaneously, so you won't have to wait long. That way, you'll be able to resolve your financial problems as quickly as feasible. Traditional money transfer methods such as cheques and MoneyGram are now obsolete, while conservatives continue to use them. They could take an excessive amount of time to finish, which was inconvenient.
How to get started with PayPal
You can start using PayPal online with a smartphone, computer, or tablet as long as you have a secure and reliable internet connection. To enjoy the platform’s services, you have to create an account online by either visiting the PayPal website or downloading the app to register.
To open a PayPal account, you'll need an email address, a phone number, a bank account, a physical location, and proof of identification. Depending on the location where you are opening your account, you may be required to give additional information. Having all of the information will enable you to take advantage of all of the company's offerings.
When your account balance is insufficient, the bank account will assist you in adding funds to your account to support your transactions. To fund transactions, one can link a credit or debit card. Fraudsters will not be able to open accounts or send money to fund illicit operations if they have a valid identification document.
Terrorists and drug traffickers are two examples of such people. For communication purposes, you'll need an email address as well as a phone number. The physical address allows you to receive tangible items from the company, such as payment cards or other essential items.
You can open your account once you have everything you need. You must choose between a personal and a corporate account. A personal account lets you to send and receive money from friends and family, whereas a business account allows you to take payments from customers. You'll soon discover how to send money to friends and family via PayPal.
Also Check: Top Best PayPal Alternatives
How to open a PayPal account?
The steps to open a PayPal account are as follows.
- Visit www.paypal.com or download the PayPal app.
- Select Sign Up.
- Choose between a Personal or Business Account.
- Enter country, email, and password.
- Enter other personal details.
- Link your bank or credit union account, debit, or credit card to PayPal.
- Lastly, verify your email with PayPal to access the full features of your account.
It's up to you whether you choose to fund your transactions with a bank account, debit card, or credit card when you open your account. An account that isn't linked to a payment method, on the other hand, is vulnerable to fraud and has many limitations imposed by PayPal.
How to add funds to a PayPal account?
Having money in your account allows you to make transactions with it. You can add money to your account in a variety of ways. The following are some of them.
1. Receive funds from others
You can get money from friends and relatives to your personal account. If you have a business account, you can receive money from your customers when they pay you. The funds you receive add to your existing balance and therefore a reliable source of money to use with your account. For others to send you money, they need your phone number or email address.
2. Add money from a bank or payment card
One can easily add funds to their bank account as long as they have linked it to their PayPal account. The following is the process you can use to add money from your bank account using your computer.
- Click Wallet.
- Select Transfer Money.
- Hit on Add money to your balance.
- Select your bank
- Enter the money to transfer and click Add.
If you’re adding money using a mobile app, you should do as follows.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Hit on your PayPal balance.
- Tap Add Money.
- Select your preferred method of adding money. It can be through a bank account or payment card.
It takes 3-5 business days for your balance to appear on your account. When the transfer is complete, you will receive an email. There is no set period for transferring money; it can be done at any time. I may transfer money from PayPal to my bank account or debit card, which is unusual.
3. Add money at a location
You may load money into your PayPal account at CVS, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, and Walmart using a PayPal Cash Card. You must go to any store with your card and hand over the money you want to deposit to the cashier.
Furthermore, give them your card to swipe on their card reader machine to load it. You will get a message on your phone or email about the deposit. You can also view your balance by logging in to your account and checking your balance. When you add money to your card, the funds are also available to your PayPal account.
4. Check deposit
You can deposit checks to PayPal as quickly as possible by endorsing them, photographing them, and uploading them to your account. The funds will appear in your account after processing. You do not need to deposit the check at your bank.
5. Direct deposit
PayPal allows you to receive money through direct deposit, whereby your employer sends money to your account after you fill out a direct deposit form. You can receive your payments two days earlier than a traditional bank. Direct deposit requires that you submit your PayPal account and routing numbers that you can get online from your account.
What can you do with PayPal?
PayPal allows you to do a variety of transactions. The following are some of them.
- Send money to others. You can quickly transfer funds to other PayPal users online when logging into your account. You need to navigate the money transfer section and carry out the process.
- Pay for goods and services. PayPal allows you to pay your seller instantly by sending money to their PayPal account. You can also use the PayPal debit card to purchase your goods or services.
- Transfer money to a bank account. PayPal allows you to move money to your bank account to use it in various ways. You must first link the bank to PayPal to carry out the transfers.
- Accept payments. If you have a PayPal business account, it becomes straightforward to accept payments from your customers.
How to send money through PayPal
It's simple to send money through the website. The procedure can be completed in the following manner.
- Using your mobile app, tap Payments, then hit Pay.
- Enter the recipient’s PayPal username, email, or mobile number.
- Enter the amount to send and choose currency.
- Add a message (optional) and hit Next.
- Choose how you want to pay and hit Next.
- Select “Friends and Family” or “Goods and Services” and hit Next.
- Check your details and tap Send.
The funds should appear immediately.
Can you send money internationally with PayPal?
PayPal is among the best ways to transfer money internationally. You can send money to over 200 destinations around the world instantly. It allows you to make payments to international businesses and receive your orders at your physical address. The platform is highly acceptable by thousands of businesses across the world.
Remember that you do not need to have any balance in your account to transact on PayPal, as you can add money from your bank account or payment card. International money transfers have made the world look like a village because you can send money within minutes across the world.
Even though some countries still do not support PayPal, most of the world’s nations accept the payment platform. Above all, PayPal is still the cheapest way to send money internationally.
How do you transfer money from PayPal to a bank account?
You can move money from PayPal to a bank account in the following manner.
- Navigate to My wallet.
- Select Transfer Money.
- Choose Transfer to your bank.
- Select the bank account where to deposit funds
- Click Continue.
- Enter the amount to transfer and tap Next.
- Review the transfer and click Transfer Now.
To carry out various types of transactions, you may need to transfer money from a bank account to your debit card. You may occasionally require funds in a bank account to complete transactions that are not possible with your PayPal account, such as saving money. Money can also be transferred instantaneously or within 30 minutes from PayPal to a debit card.
- How To Add Money From Debit Card To PayPal
- Can I Send Money From Zelle To PayPal?
- Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App
- How To Transfer Money From Cash App To PayPal
- How to Cancel a Pending PayPal Payment
- Top Best PayPal Alternatives
Conclusion On How To Send Money Internationally With PayPal
PayPal is a money-transfer platform that allows you to send and receive money internationally. You can send money to over 200 countries with the company. You can use your account to buy goods and services, transfer money to your bank account, and send money after your account is up and operating. Direct deposit, bank transfers, and check deposits are all options for funding your account.