Do you need to keep track of someone's whereabouts? Using the GPS position tracking incorporated into all cell phones, the Google Maps app makes it simple to locate someone.
You'll learn how to track someone's cell phone location without them knowing in this post.
***UPDATE: Anyone who shares their location with Google now receives regular notifications. This makes viewing someone's position on Google Maps without their permission impossible. Instead, I propose using a tool like Geofinder.mobi. By clicking here, you can test it for a day. ***
You'll also learn about tracking software, which lets you view a lot more than simply someone's current location. These techniques can be used to track down a family member, friends, and more. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
How to Track Someone On Google Maps Without Them Knowing
On Google Maps, there is no way to track someone without them knowing. Anyone who has shared their location with someone else receives regular updates from Google.
With their permission, you can follow someone's whereabouts on Google Maps. In the following part, you'll learn how to utilize Google Maps to see someone's phone's GPS location.
Track Someone for FREE Using the Google Maps App
In this part, you'll learn how to use Google Maps to monitor someone for free.
Unfortunately, Google location sharing does not allow you to track someone on Google Maps without their knowledge. Within the Google Maps app, you'll find the location sharing tool. You can use Geofinder.mobi or a spy app to track someone without their knowledge.
Here are two things you should know before you begin.
- To begin, you'll need physical access to the phone of the user.
- You cannot trace someone without their permission on Google. Google will send the user both notifications and emails telling them that their location is being shared.
Follow the steps below to track someone’s location on Google Maps.
- Make sure location services are turned on in the Settings app.
- Open the Google Maps app on the target Android phone or tablet.
- Tap the user's profile image in the right corner of the map.
- Choose a location to share.
- Select "Share Location" from the menu.
- "Until you turn this off," tap "Until you turn this off."
- Choose your device from the drop-down menu and tap Share.
- "XYZ may see your location," a notification will display.
This method requires you to have access to their phone and their passcode.
Locate Someone on Google Maps Using Location Sharing
You can now view someone's cell phone location in Google Maps after you've set up location sharing.
Follow the directions below to view someone’s current location on Google Maps.
- Open Google Maps using the icon on your phone.
- Click on the hamburger icon (or your profile picture depending on your Android version) and tap location sharing.
- Tap on the shared device at the bottom of the screen.
- You will now be able to view their current location
You'll need to use software like Geofinder.mobi or a spy app to monitor someone on Google Maps without them knowing.
Geofinder.mobi can be found by clicking here.
The methods outlined below will allow you to track someone without their knowledge or access to their phone.
How to Turn Off Google Maps Tracking
It's simple to stop your iPhone or Android from sharing your location without receiving a notification. To turn off location tracking in Google Maps, follow the steps below.
- On the target device, launch Google Maps.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on the user's photo.
- Select Location Sharing from the drop-down menu.
- Locate and remove your device from the list.
On the person's device, location sharing will now be disabled.
How to Track a Phone Without Them Knowing
A cell phone tracker or spy app is the greatest way to track a phone without them knowing. These apps can be used WITHOUT the phone's owner's consent. Some of these apps require the target device to have software installed.
The following are the Best Apps to track someone a phone without them knowing:
- Geofinder.mobi – best without access to the phone
- uMobix – best for Android devices
- EyeZy – best for iOS Devices like iPhones
- FlexiSPY – best for call recording and ambient listening
These surveillance apps are intended to track a child's phone. However, they are also an excellent way to track a husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, or partner.
In most cases, mobile phone tracking software necessitates the installation of a program on the target device. Some apps, on the other hand, allow you to track a phone without having to install software on the target device.
It's important to note that many apps require money, including a monthly subscription cost to access the data saved in their cloud. This is, nevertheless, a minimal investment for what you get.
Some of these programs allow you to monitor social media accounts, phone activities, browsing history, phone calls, SMS tracking, and more in addition to tracking someone's location.
Many additionally offer services that allow you to see or download their images or data. Specifics and features will vary depending on the app and subscription you select.
Also Read: How to Track iPhone without Using iCloud
Many spy apps also have a Geofencing feature that allows you to create a virtual fence around a certain area, such as your home.
If the person you're tracking moves outside of that range, you'll get a notification right away.
Google Maps does not have these advanced features.
We'd like to remind you that when utilizing apps to spy on people's phones, you'll need their permission. Parents can check their children's telephones without restriction.
The Find My Kids app is an example of this, as it solely relies on GPS tracking to record and automatically find your child and their cellphone or smartwatch.
Find My Kids will then notify you if your child leaves a specific location, such as your home or school, or if their battery is low.
How to Find Someone on Google Maps Using a Phone Tracker App
Another option to view someone's whereabouts via Google Maps without them knowing is to use a Cell Phone Tracking or Spy software.
GPS technology is used by phone tracking apps to pinpoint a phone's exact position. These apps provide additional features such as:
- monitoring phone call logs and contacts
- view text messages
- view messaging app conversations
- see web browser history
iPhone tracking apps track GPS data using the device's iCloud account. You'll need to know the user's iCloud login and password to use this method.
Apps for Android phone tracking must be downloaded and installed directly on the phone. This option necessitates physical access to the device as well as knowledge of the user's passcode.
To discover someone on Google Maps using a tracking app, follow the instructions below:
- Sign up for a tracking app
- Follow the installation instructions for the type of phone you need to track
- Open your control panel to see the phone’s current GPS location
Track Someone’s Location by Phone Number on Google Maps
It is possible to track someone’s location using just their phone number
Using a location tracking tool like Geofinder.mobi is the best way to track down someone's phone by number. This method does not require access to the phone and does not use the Google Maps app.
Simply enter the person's phone number, and the app will provide you with their current location anytime you need it.
- Sign up for an account at Geofinder.mobi.
- Enter the target device's phone number.
- A text message will be sent to their phone, requesting that they upgrade their location services for better GPS position accuracy.
- Geofinder.mobi allows you to track the phone from your dashboard.
Is There a Google Maps Phone Tracker?
In the Google Play Store, you can download the "Google Find My Device" app. This app can help you find your phone or the phone of someone else.
How do I track someone using their cell number on Google Maps?
Only their phone number can be used to track someone on Google Maps. You must utilize location sharing to track someone on Google Maps.
You'll need access to their phone for this. Then, from the target phone, send a location sharing link to your phone.
You can accomplish this without asking permission using services like Geofinder.mobi.
How can I track my car with Google Maps?
If you leave your cell phone in your car, you can track it using Google Maps. You'll need to enable location sharing on your phone before you can accomplish this.