CAMEROON GCE JUNE 2017 HISTORY PAPER 2
SECTION A: 1800-1922
- With reference to specific examples, dicuss the voluntary and involuntary factors responsible for population movement in Cameroon during the 19th century.
- Account for the success of the Jihads of Modibo Adama in Northern Cameroon and examine it's impact in the region.
- Discuss the role of European trader and christain missionaries in the scramble to annex Cameroon. Examine the consequences of German annexation of the territory in 1884.
- Why and with consequences did the indegenous population resist German rule in Cameroon ?
- Account for the wide spread revolts and protests in French Cameroons between the wars and discuss the measures taken by French administrative authorities to supress them.
- Discuss the causes and consequenses of the southern Cameroons of theEastern Nigerian crisis.
- Examine the contribution of the UPC and discuss the consequenses on the party in the struggle for French Cameroon independence.
SECTION C: 1961- PRESENT
- How and with what degree of succese, did southern Cameroon politicians define the terms of union with the republic of Cameroon at the Foumban contitutional conference of July 1961?
- To what extent did the creation of a single party in 1966 facilitate the abolition of the federal state in Cameroon?
- Examine the efforts made by the government of President Ahidjo to improve on the economy of Cameroon between 1972 and 1982.
- "A glorious age in the history of Cemeroon" How apt id this description of Biya regime since 1982?