EACH QUESTION CARRIES 25mks
SECTION ONE: Western Philosophy
- Were the sophist Philosophers?
- "All thinking is a way of doing something". Justify this pragmatic view in Peirce's Philosophy.
- Change is the main concern of the pre socratics. Assess this assertion.
- is belief instrumental in Peirce's Pragmatism?
- The Pre-Socratics were preoccupied with the problem of permanence in the universe. Discuss the eleatic assertion.
- Are you the Marxist view that the history of human societies is caused by class struggle.
SECTION TWO: African philosophy
- The reality of Witch craft is reasonable. Critically assess this assertion.
- "Negritude is the affirmation of the African being. "Examine the tenability of this assertion.
- "The africans are notoriously relegious". Assess this view of J.S Mbiti.
- Has Ujama's contributed to the growth of African social Philosophy?
- The defence for the non-existence of witch craft id problematic. Discuss.
- Consciencism is illusory. Justify the tenability of this assetion.
SECTION THREE: Philosophical problems
- Is abortion morally justifiable?
- Can one attribute man's calamities to God?
- Is death the end of human existence?
- can man be held responsible for his acts?
- "Since seeks objective While Religion seeks the absolute". Discuss this assertion focussing on their similarities and differences.
- The state is an obstacle to human freedom. Is this a fair appreciation of the role of the state?