SECTION C : POETRY APPRECIATION
Read the poem below and answer the following questions carefully on it.
"Boy on a swing "
Slowly he moves
to and fro, to and fro
then faster and faster
he swishes up and
Mis blue shirt
billows in the breeze
like a tattered kite
The world by whirls by:
eat becomes west
north turns to south;
the four cardinal points
meet in his head.
Where did I come From?
When will I wear long trousers?
Why was my father jailed?
- In about 150words say what you consider to be meaning of the poem
- Give the meaning in context of the following words and expressions: i) to and fro (line 2). ii) swishes (line 4). iii) billows in breeze (line 6). iv) The world whirls by """ 8)
- Pick out two examples of sound device in the poem and bring out their effectiveness.
- i) Give the progressive tense of the verb "billow". ii) comment on the poet's effective use of tense in the poem.
- Using structure, form and tone, say if the poem id successful or not.