Part one : Ancient western phyllosophy: This includes, the Pre-Socratics, the Sophist, and the golden age in Western Philosophy.
- Critically examine the factors that led to the birth of western Philosophy.
- Examine in a rational way the contributions of the pre-Socratics to the growth and development of Western philosophy.
- The Milesians were more of scientists than Philosophers. Discuss.
- How far were the Pre-socratics primitive scientists?
- To what extent were the Pre-socratics cosmologists?
- Being is one. Discuss this Eleatics assertion. The philosophy of the Ionians or Milesians was the opposite of that of the Eleatics. Discuss.
- Although, the Milesians have a common objective, they have different views. Explain this in relation to their cosmology.
- The sophist greatly contributed to the development of western Philosophy. Discuss.
- The Philosophy of the Pre-Soratics is the opposite of that of the sophists. Discuss.
- How far were the Sohist philosophers?
- Examine, analytically the epistemology of the sophists.
- Examine rationally the ethics of the Sophist.
CHAPTER THREE: THE GOLDEN AGE IN WESTERN PHILOSOPHY: THIS INCLUDES THE PHJILOSOPHY OF SOCRATES, PLATO AND ARISTOTLE
- The PHilosophy of the Sophists is the anti-thesis of that of the Socrates. DIscuss.
- To what extent did the Socrates contribute to the growth of Western Philosophy.
- Virtue is knowledge and ignorance is vice. Is this Socratics dicturn ternable?
- Critically examine Socrates ethics or moral philosophy.
- Critically examine socrates epistemology.
- Is plato a faithful stuident to Socrates or the Philosophy of Socrates and that of Plato are similar? Discuss.
- Plato philosophy laid a solid foundation to the development of Western Philosophy. Discuss.
- Plato theory of forms is the crux of his metaphysics. Discuss
- According to Plato, knowledge is a step by step process. Discuss.
- The unjust society is an enlargement of the unjust soul, critically examine this platonic assertion.
- Aristotle's Philosophy greatly improved upon Western Philosophy. Is this true?
- Critically analyze Aristotle's golden mean.
- The Philosophy of Aristotle is teleological. Do you agree?
- According to Aristotle," There is no matter without form and form with matter". Discuss.
- The Philosophy of Plato is the antithesis of that of Aristotle. Do you agree?
THE MEDIVAL PHILOSOPHY ( SCOLASTICISM)
- The Philosophy of Aquinas laid a foundation to the development of Western Philosophy. Discuss.
- Evaluate critically the scholastics arguments for God's existence.
- Philosophy (reasoning) is complimentary to religion (faith). Is this ttue for the scholastics? Or for Aquinas, Philosophy is complimentary to religion. Discuss.
- The Philosophy of the scholastics or Aquinas was only religious in it's nature. is this true?
NB: ALL INTRODUCTION SHOULD CARRY A PROBLEMATIC WITHOUT WHICH WILL BE PENAMISED AND MIGHT BE VERY FATAL, THANK YOU GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Post a Comment