GCE A - LEVEL, GEOGRAPHY PAPER 3
SECTION B: THE LESS DEVELOPED WORD OF AFRICA EXCLUDING CAMEROON
6. With reference to any of the countries of Africa;
a. Describe the distribution of its water resources.
b. Show how the water resources have been harnessed and for
I. Agricultural development.
II. Energy production.
7. Examine the characteristics of industrial production in one or more countries of Africa and explain how the difficulties of capital acquisition and transport development are responsible for these characteristics.
8.With reference to a named region or country in Africa reputed for tourism;
a. Explain the sources of tourists and their sesonal pattern of visits.
b. Examine their major destinations and objectives of their visits.
9. With reference to a named region or group of countries in Africa plaugued by desertification;
a. Examine the nature and causes.
b. What are some of the socio - economic consequences of the phenomenon?
10. "Trade blocs in Africa are more an aset than a liability" Asses the validity of this statement with reference to named examples.
SECTION C: THE DEVELOPEDWORD OF WESTTERN EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA
11. Examine with reference to a named country or region of the developed world how the difficulties impossed by natural factors on agriculture have been over come.
12. With reference to any named country or region in the Western or Norh America;
a. Examine the problems that have been created by industrial decline.
b. Show how some of these problems have been arrested.
13. Account for the growing importance of mass tourism in the developed world since the 1970's and assses the uimpacts of toirism on the socio - economic life of the area.
14. With reference to a named developed country or region of Western Europe or North America, examine the strategies adopted by the government to reduce the development gap between an identified "core" and a "lagging or peripheral region".
15. With reference to a particular case or named areain developed world, explain the causes and consequences of either water or land pollution